San Gregorio is a small fortified town located on the border between the towns of Assisi and Perugia (near Pianello).
The village owes its name most likely to San Gregorio, a priest from Spoleto who was martyred under Diocletian and Maximian.
The castle, very well preserved in its original configuration, dates back to 1300, although it was fortified again in 1479.
The entrance gate is intact, a pointed arch shape dominated by the tower, with the signs of the drawbridge and Piombanti defenses.
The living nativity scene
Over the years, thanks to the efforts of the nativity group and supervision of parish priests, the representation has been continuously revised and enriched with new characters and crafts extending far beyond the castle walls in a highly emotional natural scenery.

presepe-vivente-san-gregorio1