On the river Tescio, which borders the northern boundary of the Park, there are numerous bridges of past ages which were used to facilitate both trade with the neighboring region of Marche as well as the flow of pilgrims.
It is a secondary road that served to connect the two parts where the river Tescio divides the namesake valley and linked the presence of numerous water mills in the area.
– Bridge San Vittorino (or Vetturino) (1283), rebuilt in 1514
– First Bridge of Gauls (1193), being restored by the Park
– Second Bridge of Gauls or Bridge Santa Croce (1353-1357)
– Sweet Bridge (early nineteenth century)
– Bridge of Hannibal or Pontaccio (collapsed in 2001)
– Great Bridge (1469)
– Bridge Marchetto (Middle Ages)
– Knight Bridge (XVII century).
Because of the rounded shape of Mount Subasio and its calcareous nature, much of the rainwater goes down into the ground until it reaches impermeable layers. So then from the Mount emerge waters at various levels in the form of springs that man, over time, has managed by creating sources and springs, providing sometimes even the channeling of water and its use in water systems of neighboring countries.
– Bregno Spring (the border limits between Assisi and Spello)
– Maddalena Spring (near Costa di Trex)
– The three fountains (near the Hermitage of Prisons)
– Sermattei Spring (situated near the abandoned village Gabbiano Vecchio)
– Spring of Brecciaro (along the road to Armenzano)
– Spring San Silvestro and Spring San Benedetto (located at the San Benedetto abbeys)
The Comunità Montana of Mount Subasio undertook numerous actions for the maintenance and restoration of service which is sometimes compromised by these springs, basically because of prolonged periods of drought.