Palazzo Bernabei once Sperelli, for the Bishop of San Severino Marche, was designed by Giorgetti in the middle of the 1400s. The Assisi of the 1500s was under papal influence and had a great development in the area of private construction. Assisi therefore went from having mostly artisan residences to restructured, modernized, and readjusted properties. Palazzo Bernabei passed later to the Roman Prince Alessandro Torlonia and in 1881 was granted to the Capuchin Fathers. In 1928 it became the seat of the Franciscan Museum.
Palazzo BernabeiUfficio Comunicazione