The Oratory (1457), with fifteenth century frescoes by Matteo da Gualdo and Mezzastris, Pierantonio da Foligno and Andrea di Assisi pupil of Perugino is a small quadrangular church of Assisi dedicated to Sant’Antonio Abate and St. James of Compostela to which there are “titled” frescoes on the walls to the right and left of the altar; behind the altar is an interesting fresco by Matteo da Gualdo, depicting the Madonna with child and two holy pilgrims with their sticks. The oratory was originally the hostel’s pilgrimage church which housed pilgrims who wanted to pay homage to the remains of St. Francis.

Via San Francesco