Formerly called St. Mary Minor, this church was built in the area of a pagan temple in the upper part of the city. The church is documented since 1198 among the bishop’s dependencies, but the antiquity of the building is denounced by the crude carving of a side door – adorned with a picture of the Virgin and Child of the late thirteenth century and some early medieval walled plates on the facade. In the seventeenth century the single nave was reshaped into the Baroque style and more recently it has been desecrated.

Via S. Maria delle Rose